Thursday, October 16, 2008

Chile Gano

I dont know how to write with accents, but what I mean to say is that Chile beat Argentina last night in one of the world cup qualifying matches. I dont know too much about South American football but I know that this is pretty big. Along with Brasil, Argentina is a traditional powerhouse in football and they tend to dominate Chile in other sports as well. Also, this might be the first time Chile has beaten Argentina in a world cup qualifying match. Cole and I watched the game with 4 other guys from our house last night and they were all just going nuts. One of the them barely sat down the entire time. This might be a good time to tell you that I live in a "new" house. Well, its the same house but there are a bunch of new people living there. After Paul (gringo from Missouri) went back home it was just me, Cole, Rodrigo, Vicho and Andres living in the house. So the movement decided to switch things up and sent Vicho and Andres to another house and we got 5 new guys. Two of them, Anthony and Jonathon, are British and have been in Chile and living with the movement for at least a decade now and the other three, Nicolas, Christian and Juan Pablo, are Chilean and are also oblates of the movement. So things were a bit crazy for the first few days but they have settled down since all 8 of us are rarely in the house at the same time.

Coming up next: the last 8 days of my trip to Patagonia and my struggles to understand what the hell people are saying down here. ¡Chao!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How bout some pics?